Home Diagnostics Bought for 90% Premium
The total purchase price is $215 million. Home Diagnostics share closed Tuesday at $6.05.
The boards of both companies have approved the deal.
Shareholders owning about 15% of Home Diagnostics' have agreed to tender their shares to the Nipro offer, Home Diagnostics said in a press statement Wednesday.Home Diagnostics is a maker of diabetes testing supplies. Nipro makes medical devices, drug products and medical and glass products. The tender offer is expected to begin next week. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV