RIM Coiled for Spring Surprise: Rumor
The second phone is a new 3G BlackBerry Pearl. One person who has tested the Pearl was impressed with the speed and easy operation of the optical tracker, which replaces the scroll ball.
RIM remains dominant as a mobile phone and email device for business users, but BlackBerry's success in the consumer market is a far bigger challenge as phone buyers care less about email and more about the songs, games and videos they can play and the quality of the ease of a phone's social network connections.
Its late arrival to the so-called Web-kit operating systems aside, RIM has a strong track record for making updates. It is good to see RIM still has the competitive juice and a desire to get back on top of its game.
-- Written by Scott Moritz in New YorkFollow our tech coverage on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV