Tribute to David J. Morrow, Former Editor in Chief of TheStreet: 1960-2010
David J. Morrow, who led TheStreet.com as editor in chief for eight years and delivered some of the company's biggest successes, died Monday night after a monthlong battle with cancer. He was 49.
Morrow -- "Dave" to anyone who knew him -- led TheStreet's editorial teams from 2001 to 2009 before becoming the first Reynolds Endowed Chair in Business Journalism at the Reynolds School of Journalism at the University of Nevada.
During his 27-year journalism career, Dave left his imprint on many of the most influential media of our time, including SmartMoney magazine, The New York Times, The Detroit Free Press and Fortune magazine.
|Dave Morrow, 1960-2010|
In Dave's honor, a scholarship fund has been established to aid financial journalism students and honor superior business journalism. The "Dave Morrow Prize for Audacious and Talented Journalists" will be hosted by the Society of American Business Editors and Writers, where Dave was a board member, in cooperation with Dave's family. Contributions were kicked off Thursday with a $50,000 pledge from Jim Cramer, co-founder and chairman of TheStreet.com. Donations in the form of checks should be made payable to the Dave Morrow Prize and sent to SABEW, University of Missouri - Columbia, School of Journalism, 134 Neff Annex, Columbia MO, 65211-1200. Make credit card donations by calling SABEW's Vicki Edwards, (573) 882-2878. SABEW is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, and donations will be tax deductible. SABEW's tax identification number is 36-3297751.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV