NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Short of living in a cave for the last decade or so, there can be few Americans not aware of Google (GOOG) and Yahoo! (YHOO). But what about fast-growing rivals like Baidu (BIDU) and SINA (SINA)?
Both companies are up-and-coming web search firms making waves in China. While China's phenomenal economic growth has been well documented, many U.S. investors are still green when it comes to evaluating the Asian country's booming technology sector. While the U.S. has been saddled with news of banking bailouts and multi-billion dollar healthcare reforms, the Chinese government has been quietly implementing its own stimulus package, worth a massive $585 billion.
Around $54 billion of this sum has been earmarked for technology advancements, underlining the growing momentum behind the country's IT sector.
"I think that there will certainly be investment opportunities
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV