Four Small Banks That Obama Plan Helps
By Louis Navellier of Investor Place
In 1999, Congress repealed a piece of Depression-era legislation commonly referred to as the Glass-Steagall Act. It was intended to reduce risk at banks by limiting investment activities. In the wake of the financial crisis, this move has taken a lot of heat -- and not without reason.
After all, the repeal of Glass-Steagall enabled commercial lenders like Citigroup (C) to dip into the kinky investment acronyms we have come to despise -- CDOs, SIVs and other items that resulted in huge losses at Citi and others.
President Obama's proposal would prevent commercial banks from ever taking such bets again and putting depositors and the credit market at risk. The president has also proposed limits on financial mergers, in an effort to prevent the bailout of another bank that is "too big to fail."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV