NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- In the ongoing battle between Wall Street and President Obama, Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Monday that silence is a thing of beauty.
Investors who want to know why the market rallied today after an abysmal week last week need only look toward Washington, said Cramer, where there was an eery silence amid a backdrop of almost relentless attacks."A president who's angry with Wall Street is bad news for your 401k," he told viewers. He said the markets just cannot rally without participation from the financial stocks, and today, they got their chance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV