FairPoint Communications (FRP) announced on Sept. 8 that it is laying off 400 employees.
The job cuts will occur in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont and include 100 management positions and 300 union workers.
FairPoint said it is cutting jobs to match its work force to its work load, which has been decreasing in recent years as customers cut the chord on landline telephones.FairPoint provides landline telephone and Internet services in 18 states.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV