Bank of America
Bank of America (BAC) confirmed it will slash 30,000 jobs over the next few years.
The layoffs will save the giant bank $5 billion in costs.
"As the decisions are implemented, employment levels in the areas under review during Phase I are expected to be reduced by approximately 30,000 jobs over the next few years," the bank stated. "The company expects that attrition and the elimination of appropriate unfilled roles will be a significant part of the anticipated decrease in jobs."This makes Bank of America the company with the biggest layoff announcement this year, according to global outplacement firm Challenger Gray & Christmas. In August, the company said it will layoff 3,500 workers by the end of September across multiple divisions. Bank of America already announced 2,500 layoffs this year, most recently eliminating 100 positions in Connecticut. This is part of a cost-cutting program announced in May.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV