IPO Watch: Tesla Motors
The electric car maker did not reveal when the deal would be complete, how many shares it's selling or the pricing, but did say it hopes to raise up to $100 million in the deal.
This would be the first IPO in the auto industry since Ford (F) came to market in 1956.Whether or not this is the right time for Tesla to come to market is a debatable point. Since the beginning of the year, the majority of the companies that came to market priced either below or at the low end of expectations. China Electric Motor (CELM)and Andatee China Marine Fuel Service (AMCF), to name two, are among the companies that came to market last week pricing shares below their target. -- Written by Jeanine Poggi from New York
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV