Pacific Mercantile Bancorp To Restate Financial Results For The Quarter And Nine Months Ended September 30, 2009
Pacific Mercantile Bancorp (NASDAQ:PMBC) (the “Company”) announced today that, based on a finding in a recent regulatory examination of Pacific Mercantile Bank, the Company’s wholly owned subsidiary (the “Bank”), the Company has determined that it will restate its unaudited consolidated financial statements as of and for the quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2009 that were contained in its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for its third quarter ended September 30, 2009. The restatement involves an increase of approximately $3.3 million in the Bank’s allowance for loan losses as of September 30, 2009, resulting from our decision, made on the basis of that regulatory examination, to give greater weight to qualitative factors in the determination of the amount of the allowance for loan losses.
“On a positive note, we are seeing a recent trend that leads us to believe that the condition of the Bank’s loan portfolio is improving,” stated Raymond E. Dellerba, the Company’s President and CEO.
“We are encouraged by this trend, which reflects not only a gradual improvement in economic conditions, but also our decision, in 2007, to reduce real estate interim construction lending, our concerted loan collection efforts and our implementation of more stringent loan underwriting standards,” added Mr. Dellerba. "However, there is no assurance that this trend will continue, as the future direction of the economy and the speed of the recovery remain uncertain. Moreover, we are not yet able to determine the extent of the impact that this trend will have on our future operating results and we expect that the provision for loan losses will continue to represent a substantial expense, as non-performing loans will continue for some time to remain high relative to pre-recession levels.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV