Art Technology, Pacific Capital: Early Volume Plays
(Update to clarify Generex offering.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Monday's session.
Art Technology Group (ARTG) should open higher Monday after the software company posted a fourth-quarter profit of 6 cents a share, matching the Thomson Reuters average estimate. Revenue in the quarter rose 14.5% from a year ago to $49.7 million, coming in ahead of the consensus target of $47 million. In addition, ATG announced a 25-million-share common stock offering. The 50-day average daily volume for ATG is 855,000, according to the Nasdaq. The stock closed Friday at $4.48.
Pacific Capital Bancorp (PCBC) shares may gain ground Monday after the community bank holding company reported a fourth-quarter loss of 43 cents a share, narrower than the 58-cent-a-share loss analysts were predicting, according to Thomson Reuters. The 50-day average daily volume for Pacific Capital is 1.89 million shares. Shares ended Friday's session at $1.18.Generex Biotechnology (GNBT) should open lower after the company filed late Friday to renew and replace a $150 million mixed securities shelf offering. The 50-day average daily volume for Generex is 3.16 million. The stock closed Friday at 63 cents Office products company Champion Industries (CHMP) should start the week in negative territory after reporting a fourth-quarter adjusted loss of 13 cents a share, worse than the single analyst estimate for a profit of 9 cents a share. Revenue of $33.9 million was down 23% from a year ago and also fell short of the lone analyst target. The 50-day average daily volume for Champion is 6,800 shares. Shares ended Friday's session at $1.49. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Monday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV