#26. The Home Depot (HD)
The Home Depot was in the wrong place at the wrong time during the latest recession because the trouble centered on the housing market, where the company does all of its business. Still, Home Depot is a solid bet. It has a stable financial situation, low volatility and decent performance.
The wrench in the gears is terrible growth prospects -- the company is a victim of circumstance. This is a company that will make it through the ringer due to its size and financial flexibility, but profits probably won't return in earnest until we are well out of the woods and homebuilding kicks into gear.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV