#28. Boeing (BA)
Boeing has been brought down to Earth over the massively delayed Dreamliner airplane, but the ratings model has found several other areas of concern. With many airlines cutting orders, the growth component of Boeing's ratings score has dropped significantly. The company has bounced between profits and losses in 2009, and until orders pick up, it's difficult to expect permanent profits. Concerns over sluggish economic growth and the government's defense-spending cuts leave the future cloudy.
Financial stability also is a worry. The company had a negative shareholders' equity level in the third quarter but popped back above water after releasing fourth-quarter results. Once fourth-quarter results are factored into the model, Boeing could swing upward in the rankings, but its score is low enough to make an upgrade to "buy" only a remote possibility.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV