BOSTON (TheStreet) -- U.S. indices fell into the red Friday afternoon, ending a month of declines. Here are three stocks that hit 52-week highs amid the pessimism.
3. Culp (CFI) increased 4.6% to $12.94. Shares of the specialty textiles company have risen 32% during the past month.
The numbers: Fiscal second-quarter profit more than doubled to $2.9 million, or 22 cents a share. Revenue declined 5% to $50 million. Culp's operating margin widened from 4% to 8%. The company has $20 million of cash and $17 million of debt.
The stock: We rate Culp "buy." The stock has soared almost sixfold during the past year, beating major U.S. indices and earning a performance score of 9.2 out of 10. Shares are cheap relative to those of textile, apparel and luxury good peers based on projected earnings, book value, sales and cash flow.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV