NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The technology sector is getting steam rolled, but Jim Cramer said during Friday's "Stop Trading!" segment on CNBC that there is no need to panic.
"When you see a complete exit from a sector, it is usually because of a large mutual fund or a bunch of smaller funds," Cramer said.
Cramer did say, however, that he remains concerned about SanDisk (SNDK), which is a commodity play. He fears there could be price wars.
Qualcomm (QCOM) had a good quarter, but released horrible guidance, Cramer said. "Qualcomm," he said, "has no credibility."But the only reason Microsoft (MSFT) is going down is because of the "vast exodus by mutual funds," Cramer said. "Microsoft delivered." "You have to let these institutions do what they have to do," Cramer said -- while also nothing that, as valuations get lower, it could be a good entry point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV