Regarding Windows 7 specifically, Eline said the company was evaluating the software. He also noted he was hesitant to make sweeping software changes that could disrupt current business applications used by the company and its clients.
"That's the type of science project I'm not really looking for," said Eline.
Microsoft hasn't exactly engendered warm feelings among tech buyers after the brilliant failure of its Vista operating system. But Windows 7 does offer Microsoft a chance to make peace and win back some loyalty.
Microsoft CFO Klein was optimistic on the call."As the enterprise spend does pick up
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV