Retail Winners: Consumer Sentiment Peak
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Retailers are rallying after consumer sentiment reached its highest level in January in two years.
The Reuters/University of Michigan final index of consumer sentiment jumped to 74.4 from 72.5 in December. The number surpassed January's preliminary reading of 72.8.
The news sent the S&P Retail Index is spiking 1.5% to 404.36 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV