NEW YORK( TheStreet) -- While option activity has been tremendous for Heinz (HNZ), Jim Cramer said on his Thursday "Stop Trading!" segment that you don't want to be in the stock without a takeover bid.
Cramer said during "Stop Trading!" that Heinz is a good stock, but it's not General Mills (GIS).
Cramer predicts the stock will retreat if the takeover speculation proves to be just a myth.
Cramer is also not feeding into the chatter that Apple's (AAPL) iPad isn't as innovative as expected or will cannibalize its other products.The life cycle of Apple's stock is as follows: they introduce a new product, hedge funds sell and take profit, investors worry it's not a good product, then six months later they realize the product is great, according to Cramer. For this reason, "don't make a judgment of the product based on how the stock is moving," he advised. Cramer owns Apple for his Charitable Trust portfolio. Meanwhile, while Banco Santander (BSBR) remains one of Cramer's favorite banks, he says he is currently worried about the stock on concerns over Greece.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV