NEW YORK( TheStreet) -- While option activity has been tremendous for Heinz (HNZ), Jim Cramer said on his Thursday "Stop Trading!" segment that you don't want to be in the stock without a takeover bid.
Cramer said during "Stop Trading!" that Heinz is a good stock, but it's not General Mills (GIS).
Cramer predicts the stock will retreat if the takeover speculation proves to be just a myth.
Cramer is also not feeding into the chatter that Apple's (AAPL) iPad isn't as innovative as expected or will cannibalize its other products.The life cycle of Apple's stock is as follows: they introduce a new product, hedge funds sell and take profit, investors worry it's not a good product, then six months later they realize the product is great, according to Cramer. For this reason, "don't make a judgment of the product based on how the stock is moving," he advised. Cramer owns Apple for his Charitable Trust portfolio. Meanwhile, while Banco Santander (BSBR) remains one of Cramer's favorite banks, he says he is currently worried about the stock on concerns over Greece.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV