CUPERTINO, Calif. (TheStreet) -- Neither "truly magical" nor "revolutionary," the cluelessly named Apple (AAPL) iPad tablet device has dropped like a shiny wedge into the gadget game, dividing tech watchers in to opposing views -- the critical and the adoring.
A day after Apple CEO Steve Jobs spared no superlative in his introduction of the Apple iPad to the public Wednesday, it seems the cranky camp has answered first with some heated blowback.
While the iPad takes its feature inspiration from Apple's mobility side of the house, its design comes straight off MacBook drafting tables. Those colliding influences blend into a sumptuous e-reader and sleek media player.But the list of iPad's shortcomings is surprisingly long, especially considering all the years and number of prototypes Jobs and Apple have worked through to get here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV