(Solar sector story updated for closing prices and volume)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The solar rally was nice while it lasted, but it ended on Wednesday, at least for most of the solar players.
Trina Solar (TSL) was the lone winner on Wednesday, while JA Solar led the losses in the abrupt end to the two-day solar sector rally.
On Tuesday, solar stocks had experienced their second-consecutive rally day, as resistance to Germany's proposed solar tariff feed-in cuts surfaced -- though those reports may turn out to be overstated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV