Roku plans to raise $30 million in private funding this quarter, CEO Anthony Wood (also the creator of the DVR) told Bloomberg.
Roku makes devices that allow users to watch streaming content from Netflix, Amazon (AMZN) and Pandora straight on their TVs.
But the focus of the company going forward won't necessarily be on its Roku players, but on subscription content.This is especially true as Netflix looks to other devices like game consoles from Sony (SNE), Nintendo and Microsoft (MSFT) to stream its content. Wood did not reveal a date for an IPO to Bloomberg, and has yet to hire an investment banker to facilitate the deal. Netflix recently sold its stake in the company to Menlo Ventures. -- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV