1. Balchem (BCPC) sells specialty chemicals.
The numbers: Third-quarter profit increased 43% to $6.9 million, or 36 cents a share. Revenue dropped 7% to $54 million. Balchem's operating margin climbed from 12% to 19%. The company has an admirable financial position, with $39 million of cash and $6.6 million of debt.
The stock: Balchem advanced 30% in the past year, outperforming the Dow and S&P 500. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 23, a discount to chemical peers. The shares offer a 0.4% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV