3. Edwards Lifesciences (EW) sells cardiovascular devices.
The numbers: Third-quarter profit more than doubled to $74 million, or $1.25 a share. Revenue advanced 7% to $326 million. The company's operating margin widened from 15% to 17%. Edwards has a liquid balance sheet, with $290 million of cash and $102 million of debt.
The stock: Edwards Lifesciences increased 58% in the past 12 months, more than major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 24, a discount to health-care-equipment peers. Edwards doesn't pay dividends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV