4. Bio-Reference Laboratories (BRLI) provides clinical-testing services in the New York metropolitan area.
The numbers: Fiscal fourth-quarter net income increased 37% to $7.2 million, and earnings per share rose 34% to 51 cents. Revenue advanced 26% to $102 million. Bio-Reference's operating margin ascended from 12% to 13%. The company has a stable financial position, with a quick ratio of 1.9 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.2.
The stock: Bio-Reference Laboratories increased 52% during the past year, outpacing major U.S. indices. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 24, a premium to health-care-service peers. Bio-Reference doesn't pay dividends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV