Obama Plan Could Ease Child, Elder Costs
The taskforce also recommends allocating an additional $1.6 billion to child care in 2011, the largest one-year increase in 20 years, to serve an additional 235,000 children through the federal Child Care Development Fund.
Elder issues: The taskforce estimates that 38 million Americans provide unpaid care to an aging relative. The proposed $102.5 million Caregiver Initiative adds $52.5 million in funding to Department of Health and Human Services caregiver support programs that provide temporary respite care, counseling, training and referrals to critical services. The extra funding would seek to help 200,000 additional caregivers and provide 3 million more hours of respite care. It also adds $50 million to programs that provide transportation, adult day care and in-home services, such as aides that help seniors bathe and cook.
-- Reported by Joe Mont in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV