NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Every night on "Mad Money," Jim Cramer offers market commentary and general investment advice, and he makes calls on specific stocks, both of his own choosing and in response to viewer requests. He relies on his many years of experience and strong track record, and he takes full responsibility for his calls.
Here we track some of his calls from the previous episode of "Mad Money" and find out, at least in the very short term, how the stocks are performing. Keep in mind that Cramer might not have been recommending that viewers take immediate action on a stock. And, of course, it's up to the individual investor to do his or her own homework.
That said, here's how some of the stocks that Cramer talked about on Friday's "Mad Money" show fared today.
Apple (AAPL): Cramer said not to buy Apple, which reported earnings today, until after its new-product introduction on Wednesday. The stock, which he owns for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust, tends to sell off ahead of product launches, Cramer said. On Monday, Apple gained $5.32, or 2.7%, to close at $203.07. Cogent Communications (CCOI): For Speculative Friday, Cramer suggested as a speculative play Internet provider Cogent, which he said has grown quickly into an alternative to the bundled voice/data/television service packages often offered by major telcos. On Monday, Cogent closed up a penny at $11.50. UnitedHealth (UNH): Cramer told viewers it was time to sell lesser-performing health care stocks such as UnitedHealth, Humana (HUM) and Rehabcare (RHB). He said President Obama's health care reform plans are done supporting these stocks, and the easy money was already made.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV