Updated from Monday, Jan. 25
The iPhone maker posted earnings of $3.67 a share, up from the $2.50 profit in the year-ago period and well above the $3.50 profit analysts had targeted.
Apple says it is on track for hitting $50 billion in annual sales. The comment came from executives on a conference call with analysts. For the fiscal first quarter ended Dec. 26 sales were $15.7 billion, up from $11.9 billion last year and better than the $14.9 billion analysts expected.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV