ISS/Risk Metrics Group And Glass Lewis Recommend VaxGen Stockholders Vote 'For' Proposed Merger With OXiGENE
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Jan. 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- VaxGen, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: VXGN), announced today that Institutional Shareholder Services/Risk Metrics Group (ISS) and Glass, Lewis & Co. (Glass Lewis), two leading independent proxy advisory firms, recommend that VaxGen stockholders vote "FOR" the proposed merger of VaxGen, Inc. and OXiGENE, Inc. and "FOR" the Proposal to adjourn the VaxGen special meeting, if necessary, to solicit additional proxies if there are not sufficient votes in favor of the first proposal.
"We are pleased that both ISS and Glass Lewis, having thoroughly evaluated the proposed merger, agree with the VaxGen and OXiGENE boards of directors in recommending that stockholders vote in favor of these proposals," said James Panek, VaxGen President. "We believe the merger with OXiGENE, which was carefully considered and unanimously approved by the VaxGen board of directors, provides the best alternative for our stockholders."
Both ISS and Glass Lewis recommend that VaxGen stockholders vote to approve both proposals:
- A vote FOR Proposal 1: To adopt the Agreement and Plan of Merger dated as of October 14, 2009 by and among OXiGENE, Inc., VaxGen. Inc., OXiGENE Merger Sub, Inc. and James Panek as the VaxGen stockholder representative, and the transactions contemplated thereby, including the merger;
- A vote FOR Proposal 2: To adjourn the VaxGen special meeting, if necessary, to solicit additional proxies if there are not sufficient votes in favor of the first proposal .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV