ISS/Risk Metrics Group And Glass Lewis Recommend VaxGen Stockholders Vote 'For' Proposed Merger With OXiGENE
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Jan. 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- VaxGen, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: VXGN), announced today that Institutional Shareholder Services/Risk Metrics Group (ISS) and Glass, Lewis & Co. (Glass Lewis), two leading independent proxy advisory firms, recommend that VaxGen stockholders vote "FOR" the proposed merger of VaxGen, Inc. and OXiGENE, Inc. and "FOR" the Proposal to adjourn the VaxGen special meeting, if necessary, to solicit additional proxies if there are not sufficient votes in favor of the first proposal.
"We are pleased that both ISS and Glass Lewis, having thoroughly evaluated the proposed merger, agree with the VaxGen and OXiGENE boards of directors in recommending that stockholders vote in favor of these proposals," said James Panek, VaxGen President. "We believe the merger with OXiGENE, which was carefully considered and unanimously approved by the VaxGen board of directors, provides the best alternative for our stockholders."
Both ISS and Glass Lewis recommend that VaxGen stockholders vote to approve both proposals:
- A vote FOR Proposal 1: To adopt the Agreement and Plan of Merger dated as of October 14, 2009 by and among OXiGENE, Inc., VaxGen. Inc., OXiGENE Merger Sub, Inc. and James Panek as the VaxGen stockholder representative, and the transactions contemplated thereby, including the merger;
- A vote FOR Proposal 2: To adjourn the VaxGen special meeting, if necessary, to solicit additional proxies if there are not sufficient votes in favor of the first proposal .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV