Now, just like a year ago, the public's priorities for Obama and Congress are to shore up the economy, rev up the job creation engine and defend us from terrorists, according to a recent Pew poll.
Nothing else comes close, not even health care or financial regulation.
The bottom line is that beating up on Bank of America (BAC), Goldman Sachs (GS) or Citigroup (C) won't score as many points with the public as hunkering down on some good old-fashioned economic packages.
Job creation is the surest indicator of whether economic improvements are underway, and so far we're not seeing the results.--Written by Glenn Hall in New York. More Recent Outrage Columns: GE Shows Industry Is All That Matters. Obama Keeps Banks in Crosshairs. Brown's Win Overrated. Citigroup Loss Shows Bank Tax Bunk.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV