Now, just like a year ago, the public's priorities for Obama and Congress are to shore up the economy, rev up the job creation engine and defend us from terrorists, according to a recent Pew poll.
Nothing else comes close, not even health care or financial regulation.
The bottom line is that beating up on Bank of America (BAC), Goldman Sachs (GS) or Citigroup (C) won't score as many points with the public as hunkering down on some good old-fashioned economic packages.
Job creation is the surest indicator of whether economic improvements are underway, and so far we're not seeing the results.--Written by Glenn Hall in New York. More Recent Outrage Columns: GE Shows Industry Is All That Matters. Obama Keeps Banks in Crosshairs. Brown's Win Overrated. Citigroup Loss Shows Bank Tax Bunk.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV