And as for hurt feelings among telcos, Schmidt said there were no problems to report. "For the most part," said Schmidt, "our partners understand the message and are OK with it."
Apple (AAPL) would seem to disagree. After watching Google's Android phones launch at nearly every U.S. carrier, as a competitor to the iPhone, Apple has reportedly started discussions to replace Google with Microsoft's Bing as the search service.
-- Reported by Scott Moritz in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV