BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The Biotech Stock Mailbag Readers' Portfolio (BSMRP) made its debut yesterday with 20 stocks selected by you, the readers of this Mailbag column. Thanks again for all the great nominations -- I look forward to writing about the performance of the BSMRP in future columns.
As of last night's close, the BSMRP was up 1.3%. Still way too early to say much more than that, but I hope you agree that the portfolio is reasonably diverse and encompasses stocks that should bring big news, one way or the other, this year.
One thing in particular that I like is that the BSMRP includes stocks I favor, such as Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX), Dendreon (DNDN), Allos Therapeutics (ALTH) and ImmunoGen (IMGN), as well as stocks which I've not looked so kindly upon, like Cell Therapeutics (CTIC) and Geron (GERN). This is a portfolio chosen by readers, not me, so we'll see how it plays out over the next 12 months.
Once again, you can read all about the BSMRP's 20 stocks right here.Onward to this week's emails.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV