My wife, my kids and I have attended many B'nai Mitzvot (plural of Bar or Bat Mitzvah), nearly every weekend, over the course of the past several months. I always get asked the question:
"What should we do with the child's gift money?"
Several years ago, I devised the Bar Mitzvah portfolio. The portfolio, which I periodically update, is comprised of growth and income stocks, and I constructed it in such a way as to pique the interest of a teenager, including stocks that the beneficiary can identify with.
For example, a teenager would likely be more interested in a stock whose products he or she is familiar with, such as Apple (AAPL), than in a stock like Olin (OLN), which I own for my client accounts at LakeView Asset Management And I wouldn't want to draw a teenager's attention to Boston Beer (SAM), even though it is one of my favorite stocks.So here is the Bar Mitzvah Portfolio, in its current version:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV