NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "The markets would have been up huge on earnings today," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday, "if it weren't for President Obama once again taking aim at the banking system."
Just like in the past, Cramer said the markets have sent Washington a message that increased regulation is not welcome on Wall Street.Cramer said Obama's proposed regulations do nothing but hurt any company that needs credit. The big investment banks were not responsible for the crisis, he concluded, it was the mortgage brokers and the insurers like AIG (AIG).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV