NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were moving on above-average volume during Thursday's session.
Hanmi Financial (HAFC) rallied for a third straight session, jumping by 54 cents, or 26.3%, to $2.59, following a report in a South Korea newspaper Tuesday that said Woori America Bank (WF) is considering taking a 51% majority stake in the Korean holding company. The three-day surge has boosted shares by 108%. Volume topped 4.92 million shares, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 802,000.
IsoRay (ISR) surged by 83 cents, or 101.2%, to $1.65 after the company announced that doctors performed the first Cesium-131(Cs-131) implant for the treatment of colorectal cancer in October. The patient tolerated the procedure well and had no evidence of cancer recurrence or any side effects that can be attributed to the Cesium-131 seed implant at the last follow-up visit, one of the doctors said. Volume topped 8.57 million shares, compared to the three-month average daily volume of 66,000, according to Yahoo! Finance.
Health Fitness (FIT) jumped by $1.49, or 20.7%, to $8.69 after Trustmark Mutual Holding agreed to acquire the company for $8.78 per share in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $97 million. Volume topped 4.19 million shares, compared to the three-month average daily volume of 103,000.China Wind Systems (CWS) dropped by 83 cents, or 12.8%, to $5.68 after the company said it expects to commence electro-slag remelted (ESR) production in March 2010 after it installs equipment in the facility. Volume topped 420,000 shares, compared to the three-month average daily volume of 142,000. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Thursday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV