BUFFALO, N.Y. ( TheStreet) -- First Niagara Financial (MI) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter operating earnings of $31.3 million, or 17 cents a share, matching the consensus estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
In comparison, on the same basis, the thrift holding company earned $27.3 million, or 19 cents a share, in the third quarter, and $22.8 million or 20 cents a share in year-ago equivalent period.
For the full year 2009, operating earnings were $105.6 million or 72 cents a share, up from $89.8 million or 83 cents a share, in 2008.
On a GAAP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV