Bill McCandless is attending CTIA in Vegas this week.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- BlackBerry maker Research In Motion (RIMM) has struggled to keep pace with Apple (AAPL) in the smartphone applications war. Developers complain about the complexities of building for BlackBerry, and many corporate users are blocked from downloading available apps.
As we did with our Best Android Apps, we've wrangled the best free and paid apps for BlackBerry.
The BlackBerry App World was launched about a year ago, marking RIM's reaction to the robust iPhone app store and a move to try and keep RIM's non-business user base RIM from switching to Apple or one of phones running Google's (GOOG) Android.Our experience in building TheStreet mobile for BlackBerry was great as our developer and a representative from RIM worked together well. Yet unlike working with the folks at Google on our Android app, RIM doesn't offer developers a review or critique of the app to make sure it takes full advantage of the OS. Apps will be one of the factors in the health of a company's OS going forward; RIM would do well to get more involved and follow Google's lead. This look at free and paid BlackBerry apps is by no means complete -- new BlackBerry apps come on line all the time. Please comment and give us your reviews and opinions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV