The article says that AT&T confirmed it was able to drop Woods as its company spokesman without paying even a dime of what it owed the golfer or going to court.
Accenture (ACN) is reportedly another former Woods sponsor that managed to drop the golfer without having to go to court.
Sponsors including Nike (NKE) and Electronic Arts' (ERTS) EA Sports division still stand by him. It's worth noting that the marketing strategies of those firms are almost inextricably intertwined with Woods' image.-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
>>See our new stock quote page. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV