Top component FST Forest Oil has several years of promising onshore drilling prospects, with core holdings in emerging Texas and Canadian tight gas and gas shale properties. The company is currently planning on selling more than $1 billion in assets to reduce current debt and provide additional liquidity.
Natural gas firms are a promising long-term play in a sector where global demand continues to increase. Prospective WCAT investors, however, should give this new ETF some time to gain traction before scooping up shares.
WCAT faces two challenges when it comes to liquidity: the liquidity of its underlying stocks and the liquidity of the ETF as a whole during daily trading. Small-cap companies are less liquid than large-cap stocks, and most ETFs take some time to attract investor attention.
Small-cap ETFs like WCAT are welcome additions to the ETF industry, but they should be considered in conjunction with a broader portfolio.-- Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV