BOSTON (TheStreet) -- It's time to introduce the Biotech Stock Mailbag Readers' Portfolio.
My request for your favorite 2010 biotech stock picks brought in nominations for 93 different stocks. I'm really pleased with the response, so thanks to everyone who participated.
I decided to narrow down the list of nominees to a manageable portfolio of 20 stocks. These reader-suggested stocks will form the basis of the Biotech Stock Mailbag Readers' Portfolio (BSMRP), which I'll update and write about regularly throughout the year.
Let's take a closer look at the stocks that make up the BSMRP.Of the 93 stocks submitted, ten received three or more votes, so they were immediately seated into the portfolio. ImmunoGen (IMGN) received the most recommendations, with seven votes total. Curis (CRIS), Allos Therapeutics (ALTH) and Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA) each received four votes. Six stocks received three votes each: GenVec (GNVC), Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX), Vivus (VVUS), StemCells (STEM), Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (SPPI) and Mannkind (MNKD). My job became a bit trickier when deciding how to fill the remaining ten portfolio slots, which needed to come from the 20 stocks that received two votes apiece from readers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV