BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The small-cap Russell 2000 Index has climbed 4% in the past three months, and the S&P 500 Index of the biggest U.S. stocks has risen 6%.
In the same period, TheStreet.com has recommended several investments that have bested those returns in our "Under the Radar" series. Here are the top-five performing recommendations of the past three months.
1. Carbo Ceramics (CRR): After its recommendation on Oct. 23, Carbo Ceramics has gained 33%.
2. Atheros Communications (ATHR): After its recommendation on Nov. 24, Atheros has gained 27%.3. AsiaInfo Holdings (ASIA): Since being recommended on Nov. 6, AsiaInfo has gained 24%. 4. China Automotive Systems (CAAS): After its recommendation on Dec. 29, China Automotive has jumped 19%. (That's an annualized gain of 5,283%.) 5. National Presto (NPK): After its recommendation on Dec. 9, National Presto has risen 18%. Honorable mentions include Diamond Foods (DMND) and Compass Minerals (CMP), which have increased 17% and 16% since being recommended a little more than two months ago. -- Reported by David MacDougall in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV