After Electronic Arts (ERTS) insisted many times that its relationship with Woods hadn't been affected by the scrutiny over his extramarital adventures, the media began to take the constancy of Electronic Arts' support for the golfer for granted.
It seemed that Woods was in the clear with Electronic Arts.
But then on January 13, online gamer's guide Kotaku reported that Electronic Arts had discreetly sponsored a survey about Tiger Woods on Web survey site Greenfield Online.The survey questions tried to gather the public's views of Electronic Arts' EA Sports division and EA Sports' Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online game, on the heels of the revelations of Woods' extramarital affairs. The survey begins with general questions about sports games, then surprises survey takers with questions like: "EA SPORTS makes a Tiger Woods video game. Has the controversy made your impressions of EA SPORTS more or less favorable, or has it had no impact?" and "Has the controversy made you more or less likely to buy a Tiger Woods related video game in the future?"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV