NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stocks closed lower Friday, as investors didn't like what JPMorgan Chase's (JPM) rising credit costs may mean for the rest of the financial sector as it heads into earnings season.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 101 points, or 0.9% to 10,610. The S&P 500 was dow 12 points, or 1.1%, to 1136, and the Nasdaq shed 29 points, or 1.2%, to 2288.
Each of the major averages also lost ground for the week. The Dow fell about 0.1%, while the S&P 500 declined by 0.8%. The Nasdaq tumbled 1.3% since last Friday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV