Hershey has been in talks with credit-ratings companies in recent days about how to structure an offer without hurting its investment-grade debt rating, Bloomberg reports, citing people with knowledge of the matter. Hershey also has been drafting commitment letters with its lenders to secure a multibillion-dollar loan package.
Kraft has until Tuesday to raise its current offer of 762 pence a share while Hershey has another four days until Jan. 23 to make a decision to bid. A higher offer by Kraft may lead Hershey to conclude a bid is above its reach, the sources said, Bloomberg reports.
Cadbury Chairman Roger Carr confirmed in a conference call Thursday that Hershey recently reaffirmed its interest in the U.K. confectionary maker.Cadbury's board, led by CEO Todd Stitzer and Hershey, headed by CEO David West, have discussed a combination, says Bloomberg. Kraft's hostile offer for Cadbury is valued at about $17 billion. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV