Shiseido to Buy Bare Escentuals for $1.7B
Updated from 12:22 a.m. EST
Shiseido will pay $18.20 a share for all the outstanding share of Bare Escentuals, a U.S. cosmetics concern. The price is a premium of 43% over Bare Escentual's closing price Thursday of $12.74.
A tender offer for Bare Escentuals is expected to begin within 10 business days and is expected to close during the first quarter. The board of both companies have approved the transaction.Bare Escentuals will operate as a separate division of Shiseido and its brands will continue to be managed by current management, including CEO Leslie Blodgett. Bare Escentuals' brands like bareMinerals and Buxom are sold in the U.S. at department stores and specialty retailers. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV