Dave's Daily: The Irony of Markets
Obviously investors were tense in waiting for INTC. The earnings beat substantially and the stock rose nearly 3% in after-hours trading; however, given the fact the stock had run so much higher previously some news selling took place. Below is the NASDAQ after-hours summary.
The above is the summary for just a few stocks but you get the idea.
Friday will feature the useless CPI data, Empire Manufacturing Survey, Capacity Utilization, Industrial Production and the Michigan Consumer Sentiment data. The last four will be more closely watched.
Let's see what happens and you can follow our pithy comments on twitter.
Disclaimer: Among other issues the ETF Digest maintains positions in: VTI, XLI, UXI, XLY, XLU, DVY, FAS, GLD, DBC, XME and EFA.
The charts and comments are only the author's view of market activity and aren't recommendations to buy or sell any security. Market sectors and related ETFs are selected based on his opinion as to their importance in providing the viewer a comprehensive summary of market conditions for the featured period. Chart annotations aren't predictive of any future market action rather they only demonstrate the author's opinion as to a range of possibilities going forward. More detailed information, including actionable alerts, are available to subscribers at www.etfdigest.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV