On January 15 Weis Markets Will Begin Collecting Donations For Haitian Earthquake Victims
SUNBURY, Pa., Jan. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Weis Markets Inc. will begin collecting donations on behalf of the American Red Cross's Haiti Relief and Development Fund in all of its stores on January 15.
Starting Friday, customers can donate the amount they wish by adding to their grocery bill at check out or at the courtesy desk. This option is available to customers paying with cash, check, and credit or debit cards. The collected money will be donated to the Red Cross's Haiti Relief and Development Fund.
"We are giving our customers an easy way to help. While the reports are still coming in, it is clear that as a result of the recent earthquake, millions of Haitians will need help in the days and weeks ahead," David J. Hepfinger, Weis Markets' President and CEO. "In addition, we plan to make a significant corporate donation to the relief efforts for the victims of this earthquake."
Founded in 1912, Weis Markets is a Mid-Atlantic food retailer, operating 165 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, New Jersey and West Virginia.SOURCE Weis Markets Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV