Top Takes From RealMoney
The RealMoney contributors are in the business of trading and investing all day on the basis of ongoing news flow. Below, we offer the top five ideas that RealMoney contributors posted today and how they played those ideas.
TheStreet.com brings you the news all day, and with RealMoney's "Columnist Conversation," you can see how the pros are playing it on a real-time basis. Here are the top five ideas played today. To see all that RealMoney offers, click here for a free trial.
1. Upside in SKMBy Robert Moreno Cramer
1:46 p.m. EST
SK Telecom (SKM) provides wireless and data service in its home market of South Korea, as well as Mongolia, Vietnam and the U.S. It has a market cap of $11 billion, a forward P/E of 10.79, revenue of $12.5 billion, gross profit of $6.3 billion and total debt of $6.2 billion. The company went into the credit-card business in December, announcing a deal to purchase 49% of Hana Card, the credit-card unit of South Korea's fourth-largest financial concern. SK Telecom plans to place a chip in its cellphones that will let subscribers make purchases through their mobile devices. The company also announced an alliance with IBM (IBM) to provide "cloud computing services."
The technicals on the daily chart are interesting and illustrate a repeated pattern. In each case, a downtrend line was broken to the upside with a positive moving average convergence/divergence crossover and the relative strength index crossing above the 50 center line. Price action was strong in Tuesday's down market, and again on Wednesday. If the pattern repeats, there is more upside to the trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV