* In addition, there are more reasons to suspect that something may be right around the corner, which were outlined in a previous commentary titled Authentidate: Big Bet On A Small Company.
There is no doubt speculation going on, but we should remember that management bought 990,000 shares themselves last year.
We also have a healthcare bill being passed that has provisions penalizing those who don't implement the electronic medical records and other digital solutions offered by companies such as Allscripts (MDRX) and Cerner (CERN).
The government wants to ensure that once patients leave the hospital, they are well taken care of and don't need to be readmitted, because that is a very large cost involved in healthcare.With over $19 billion being allocated for health information technology, Authentidate is one of the many companies set to benefit. Disclosure: Gupta was long ADAT at the time of publication.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV