Authentidate (ADAT) shares are on the move, with volume almost five times higher than normal.
More than 760,000 shares have traded today, while the three-month average is around 160,000 shares. Authentidate is a New Jersey-based company that provides health information exchange solutions. This means that physicians can use their software for workflow management, making their medical records electronic. They also have solutions in patient discharge and telehealth devices. There are a few recent developments that might be playing a role in Authentidate's activity.
* In December, they raised $3.4M of capital. They issued 3.4M common shares, along with 3.4M 90-day warrants at a $1 strike. This volume requires sellers, and it's very likely the warrants are now being exercised.
* As of the last quarterly call, we learned that their Liberty contract for Inscrybe solutions is back again. Liberty's contract significantly impacts their financial results and had ended. In the past, it was a customized solution, however now it's the standard software.* Authentidate's 2010 fiscal year began July 1, 2009. This means that we are now in the second half of fiscal 2010. From their January Investor Presentation file (http://www.authentidate.com/index.php/content/view/60/131/), you can see this on Page 14: "Initial sales for the telehealth and hospital discharge solutions are expected in the second half of fiscal 2010." * Telehealth devices have been around for a while - Bosch has been in the market for 10 years, and now we're seeing more competition. Intel (INTC) and GE (GE) are in the market. Intel and GE recently pushed their partnership from just the United States into the United Kingdom.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV