And after three years of watching the smartphone boom from the sidelines, Dell is expected to start selling its first phone in the U.S. soon. The company is working on a Google (GOOG) Android-powered phone to sell through AT&T (T) sometime in the first half of this year.
Dell shares were down 1% in midday trading Thursday.
-- Written by Scott Moritz in New York.
Related StoriesAT&T Finds Android Religion
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV